European Week of Regions ans Cities 2020
The event has grown to become a unique communication and networking platform, bringing together regions and cities from all over Europe, including their political representatives, officials as well as experts and academics. Over the last 17 years, it has done much to promote policy learning and exchange of good practices.
Despite the difficulties generated by the COVID 19 pandemic, the #EURegionsWeek 2020 will offer to participants more than 500 digital working sessions to discover over three consecutive weeks in October, from 5-22 October, covering various topics along the thematic priorities Empowering Citizens; Cohesion and Cooperation; and Green Europe.
Due to the security measures and sanitary situation caused by the pandemic, this year will be the first ever fully digital EURegionsWeek:
- All working sessions will be organised virtually with no physical audience
- The Key sessions of the EURegionsWeek 2020 – Political Opening, Political Closing, Citizens dialogues and High level debates will be streamed and broadcasted live
- Exhibitions will be replaced by virtual interactive exhibitions with virtual pitchs
- EURegionstalks will be organised as a virtual session or will be pre-recorded and accessible online
- European, national, regional and local government officials and experts in the field of managing and evaluating cohesion policy programmes;
- Representatives of private companies, financial institutions and 1 European and national associations;
- Members of the European Committee of the Regions, members of the European Parliament, and national, regional and local politicians including young elected politicians (YEPs);
- Citizens, who want to express their views and contribute to the debate on the future of Europe and their regions and cities;
- Academics, researchers, PhD or masters students and practitioners in the field of European regional and urban policy;
- Journalists from European, national, regional and local media outlets.
DEADLINE UNTIL SEPTEMBER 27
Fuente original del contenido: